CRNS volunteers have achieved much:
- When it snows you will see our Snow Wardens on the streets clearing snow and ensuring safe access to important community assets, such as community shops or GP practices.
- Flood Team members will respond to flood alerts by monitoring river and sea levels – ready to warn and inform communities and local business when appropriate.
- During extremes of weather volunteers are available to check on vulnerable members of the community.
- Volunteers can often be found clearing leaves and debris from drainage gullies to limit the risk of flooding and reporting gully conditions to the local authority.
- CRNS volunteers are there to support the emergency services and their community in times of need.
- Volunteers assist with any necessary evacuation; meeting the welfare and shelter needs of the community.
- CRNS volunteers will collaborate and support neighbouring communities when needed.
Communities can make a real difference – when they are enabled and empowered!
Some of the success stories
You might wonder who it is clearing the snow in your local shopping centre, on the steep slopes in your community or ensuring safe access to your local GP Surgery? It is Community Resilience North Somerset Snow Wardens - why not join them, we kit you out for free!Snow Wardens to the Rescue