We all hope that emergencies won’t happen to us but it’s best to be prepared…
1. Be Aware
3. Be Prepared
- Complete our 5 minute Home Emergency Checklist and keep it somewhere handy
- Get organised and prepare a grab bag of essential items
- Talk to your family, friends and Neighbours
- Protect your property
2. Be Informed
Getting information and updates about the risks in your area help you to be prepared for the worst.
- keep up to date with MET Office weather warnings
- check your risk of flooding
- Sign up for alerts with the Environment Agency
- download the Red Cross free Emergency App
- check if your roads are on priority gritting routes
- Follow CRNS Social Media
- check if your local community buildings are registered on the North Somerset Council Community Emergency Shelter Scheme.