Cookies, Privacy and Data Protection
For more information on cookies please visit allaboutcookies.org.uk
Privacy and Data Protection
We respect your privacy. If we are approached by someone who is trying to contact you we will contact you so you can decide whether you want this. If yes, we pass their details to you so you can contact them when it suits you. If no, the query closes.
We may forward your email address on (as part of an email) if you have raised a query with us and another group/ organisation is better suited to answer.
We may contact you with items that we think may be of interest to you or if we think you could help us with something. We may use your email address to provide you with updates on community resilience information and/ or news. We work with an external supplier to provide this email service and your email address will be passed to them only for community resilience purposes. We will manage the process and we remain responsible for the security of your information. If you wish to opt out at any time you have the opportunity to unsubscribe yourself from the mailing list.
When completing forms you may be asked for personal information such as name, address, postcode etc. It is only when you supply this type of information that you can be personally identified.
Information may be collected:
- to fulfil your request for information or services
- as input to improving our site
- as part of the process of consultation
In accordance with the objectives of the Data Protection Act 1998. We will:
- hold the minimum personal information necessary to enable us to perform our functions which is erased once the need to hold it has passed
- make every effort to ensure this information is accurate, up-to-date and that any inaccuracies are corrected without unnecessary delay
- design our systems and processes to comply with data protection principles
- not publish personal data on our website without the consent of its subject
- take immediate action if we discover that our policies are not being complied with
Any personal information will only be disclosed to:
- the courts: under the direction of a court order
- Community Resilience Stakeholders: strictly in accordance with agreed protocols